Extra help for families to remember lost loved ones
- Credit: Westerleigh Group
Families who have memorials at Torbay Cemetery and Crematorium are being offered an extra year free of charge.
The goodwill gesture recognises the fact that restrictions placed on people because of the Covid-19 pandemic have meant many have been unable to visit the memorials to their loved ones for many months.
Kevin Davies, regional manager for the Westerleigh Group that runs the facility, said: “Throughout all the lockdown restrictions, our dedicated grounds team have continued to maintain our gardens to the highest standards.
“But we know that, during the pandemic, the government restrictions have meant that many people have been unable to visit memorials of their loved ones in the crematorium gardens as they would have wished to.
“Not being able to mark an important date or anniversary by visiting the resting place would have been upsetting for many people.
“Through providing an additional year to the length of existing memorial dedications at our crematorium, we are aiming to extend the precious opportunity of remembering a loved one.
“We hope that this will provide some comfort to the families we support, and we very much look forward to welcoming them back to our gardens as soon as they’re ready to do so.”
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 Family home in popular residential area
- 6 Torbay Ironman completes first race of the season
- 7 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 8 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 9 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
Anyone who would like to take up the offer can contact the crematorium office, either in person, if appropriate and safe to do so, by calling 01803 327768 or emailing Torbay@westerleighgroup.co.uk
Westerleigh Group is the UK’s largest independent owner and operator of crematoria, with 35 sites nationwide, including Torbay Crematorium.