Everyone in Torbay invited to #Thankyoutogether for NHS birthday
- Credit: Archant
Torbay residents are being urged to join people from across the country for one final clap to everyone without whom the NHS wouldn't have been able to respond to coronavirus.
Today - Sunday, July 5 - is the 72nd birthday of the NHS and there will be a moment of solidarity for everyone to reflect on everything communities up and down the land have recently endured, stand in solidarity to mourn our losses, and thank those who are risking so much to keep us safe.
'Thanking everyone from truck drivers and cleaners to doctors and shelf stackers, all of the key workers who have kept us going, it will also be a thank you to our neighbours, the ones who did the shopping, got the prescriptions, kept an eye on each other or simply did their best to stay home and save lives,' said a spokesman for Torbay and South Devon Foundation NHS Trust.
Coalition Together is organising the national #NHSBirthday #ThankYouTogether.
Last evening, people were being encouraged to put a light in your window – an LED candle, a lamp or a torch – to remember those we have lost. National landmarks were also lit up as part of a collective memorial.
As part of this collective memorial, and as a mark of respect and tribute to NHS staff, key workers and everyone who has played their part during the pandemic, iconic landmarks including the London Eye, Royal Albert Hall, Blackpool Tower and Wembley Arch were illuminated in blue.
Today, Sunday, July 5, the birthday of the NHS - is the time to say 'Thank You/together'.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 8 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
At 5pm, residents across Torbay are invited to join the nation in a one-off clap for carers – the biggest yet, because this time it is to say thank you to everybody. Five minutes' later it will be time to raise a glass, mug or cuppa to thank each other – our friends, family and neighbours – for looking out for us, helping the vulnerable, or simply doing the right thing and staying at home.
Afterwards, it is hoped people will stay outside to chat to neighbours.
Householders can say a personal thank you to someone who matters by downloading an artists/together template and displaying it in their window.
To find out more, log on to together.org.uk