EPIC invests further in technical capability
- Credit: EPIC
EPIC has taken delivery of a device packaging system from technology partners Pyramid Engineering.
The system - which comprises of a HPS 10-19 Hybrid Package Sealer, glove box, oven and associated ancillary items - is now installed in EPIC’s Prototyping Suite.
The investment has been selected to support the needs of current and future EPIC tenants who will have access to the equipment to grow their technical capability.
The process was supported by EPIC tenant Bay Photonics, who specialise in photonics device packaging and understand the technical needs of the sector.
EPIC centre director Wayne Loschi said: “We have continued to support the needs of our tenants. Device packaging was identified as a natural addition to EPIC’s technical capability and I’m sure it will enable our tenants to win more business.”
Pyramid Engineering were keen to join companies such as Nikon, Palomar and Mitutotyo and become a technology partner at EPIC.
This enables equipment suppliers to showcase their technology to EPIC tenants and the wider hi-tech cluster.
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Gary Johnson: "Our travelling fans were let down"
- 3 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 4 New signings on their way despite win
- 5 Power lift for MND awareness raises over £13k
- 6 Double celebration as South Devon College awards own degrees for first time
- 7 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 8 United Community Day - it's a 'sell-out'
- 9 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 10 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
Wayne Loschi said: “Pyramid Engineering have been excellent to deal with. They offered EPIC a very good solution, supported us commercially and were extremely knowledgeable and professional during the installation.”
Since opening in autumn 2019, EPIC has welcomed 12 businesses into the centre and is now 70 per cent occupied.
EPIC now has just 13 units left available with several already under offer.
If you are interested in becoming a tenant at EPIC and accessing more than £2million worth of prototyping capability, a classified cleanroom and the opportunity to collaborate with industry specialists located within the centre, email email@example.com