Enjoy great sunsets - and food - in Torbay
- Credit: Lesley Rigg
There is something special about the month of September because this is the month you can catch some spectacular sunsets around Torbay.
At the start of the month, the sun sets just before 8pm and the sunsets get gradually earlier.
By the end of September, the sun will set shortly before 7pm.
This makes perfect timing for grabbing some food and watching the sunset over Torbay.
The question now is, where is good to go to get some food and watch an awesome sunset?
Being a massive vegan foodie myself, here are some of my top picks, in no particular order.
Even if you are not vegan, there is no reason to not try the food because their dishes are truly awesome.
- 1 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 2 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 3 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 4 Unlocking the genetic secrets of Kents Cavern’s Ice Age horses
- 5 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 6 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 7 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 8 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 9 Green Spaces: A place to grow for Torbay trees
- 10 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
Bare in mind some of these places offer meat dishes too.
Shoreline restaurant of Eastern Esplanade, Paignton
Located at Paignton beach, this place takes in a full panoramic view of Paignton beach.
This restaurant really is in a perfect location for capturing the sunset over the sea.
With a great selection of homemade pizzas, burgers and lighter dishes you will not be left disappointed.
Shoreline offers dishes for both vegans and meat eaters.
Tam’s Kitchen, Torbay
Open Wednesday to Saturday, 6pm to 8pm, Tam’s Kitchen offers a fantastic selection of all vegan food from burgers, pasta dishes, such as mac 'n' cheese to hot dogs.
The luxury of this place means you can get a take-away delivered straight to your favourite sunset spot.
Fishcombe Cove Café, Brixham
This gem of a place is nestled away in a cosy cove in Brixham.
Every Wednesday the café opens up late for burger night, catering for both vegans and meat eaters.
With the tunes playing, the drinks flowing and epic burgers on offer, Fishcombe Cove Café has the most chilled out setting for watching the sun go down.
Please remember before choosing to eat from any of these eateries to check their social medias for updates. Due to Covid and staff shortages some places sometimes have to take the unfortunate decision to temporarily close.