Electric vehicle charging points for KFC car park
- Credit: Google Maps
Fast-food fans will be able to charge their electric cars on a visit to KFC in Paignton.
The fried chicken chain has been given planning permission for two rapid-charging points in the car park.
They will be sited in two bays near the entrance to the restaurant off Brixham Road.
Torbay Council has given permission for the units after deciding they will not cause visual harm in the area or result in problems for neighbours.
The chargers will be operated by Chargepoint, which says it is the world’s leading electric vehicle charging network.
The number of electric vehicles on UK roads is set to increase rapidly in the next few years with the Government set to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030.
- 1 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 2 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
- 3 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 4 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 5 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 6 Gig racing: Brixham hosts Cornish Pilot Gig Association's veterans' championships
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Feline Network Cat Rescue: Can you offer a home to a golden oldie?
- 9 Fostering - why not consider a vocation that makes a real difference?
- 10 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award