Electric vehicle charging points for KFC car park
- Credit: Google Maps
Fast-food fans will be able to charge their electric cars on a visit to KFC in Paignton.
The fried chicken chain has been given planning permission for two rapid-charging points in the car park.
They will be sited in two bays near the entrance to the restaurant off Brixham Road.
Torbay Council has given permission for the units after deciding they will not cause visual harm in the area or result in problems for neighbours.
The chargers will be operated by Chargepoint, which says it is the world’s leading electric vehicle charging network.
The number of electric vehicles on UK roads is set to increase rapidly in the next few years with the Government set to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030.
- 1 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 2 United visit Woking tonight
- 3 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 6 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 7 Desperate men killing the game
- 8 Josh turns his life around and says: 'It's time for me to give back'
- 9 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
- 10 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion