Driver allegedly assaulted in Torquay road rage incident
- Credit: Supplied
Police investigating a report of a road rage incident in Torquay, in which a driver was assaulted and spat at, are appealing for information.
Witnesses of the incident, which happened at traffic lights in front of McDonald’s in Hele Road at around 11.05am on Sunday, August 15, are being sought.
The victim, a man aged in his 30s, was spat at and grabbed by his shirt and scratched following a dispute with another motorist. He sustained visible injuries.
It is believed witnesses stopped at the scene to help and took down details of the male suspect’s vehicle.
Police are urging these people to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting crime reference CR/070728/21.
- 1 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 2 New loan signing for United
- 3 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 4 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 5 New travel agency promises 'booking process as exciting as holiday itself'
- 6 Cricket: All-rounder Craig Eaves returns to Brixham with eye on overdue promotion
- 7 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 8 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 9 Firm launches project to design next generation of sustainable propulsion systems
- 10 Overwhelming success of ‘Torbay Needs You’ campaign