Drive-In Church is first for Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Around 50 cars attended Torbay's first Drive-In Church – and organisers believe the numbers will grow as word about the event spreads.
Hosted by Church 180, the Drive-In Church is held at Quay West car park, Paignton, on Sundays. Gates open at 10.30am.
Speaking after the July 5 first service, Rev Paul Hobson said: 'It was amazing to see people of all ages, young and old, gathered together with one voice to sing songs of praise.
'The Drive-In Church will be running every Sunday throughout July and all are welcome.
'The morning included an opening prayer and a dancing children's song for entertaining the little ones.
'We then went on to a time of worship and then I brought an interactive message of joy and hope... many cars were beeping their horns in agreement. We'd like to thank Torbay Council for their support for this event.'
- 1 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 2 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 3 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 4 Picture special: Torbay buses
- 5 Retro Sport with Roger Mann: An ambition which money just can't buy!
- 6 'Mixed' bag for Torbay teams as basketball season opens
- 7 A harvest of hope at Pollinator Patch
- 8 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 9 September new registrations fall - fuelled by shortages
- 10 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?