Drive-In Church is first for Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Around 50 cars attended Torbay's first Drive-In Church – and organisers believe the numbers will grow as word about the event spreads.
Hosted by Church 180, the Drive-In Church is held at Quay West car park, Paignton, on Sundays. Gates open at 10.30am.
Speaking after the July 5 first service, Rev Paul Hobson said: 'It was amazing to see people of all ages, young and old, gathered together with one voice to sing songs of praise.
'The Drive-In Church will be running every Sunday throughout July and all are welcome.
'The morning included an opening prayer and a dancing children's song for entertaining the little ones.
'We then went on to a time of worship and then I brought an interactive message of joy and hope... many cars were beeping their horns in agreement. We'd like to thank Torbay Council for their support for this event.'
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon