Dogs allowed back on beaches
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Dog walkers may exercise their dog freely on all beaches in the Bay until next May following the summer ban being lifted.
Walkers are asked to keep dogs on a lead on the highways and pavements until getting onto the beach.
But Torbay Council is warning owners must clear up after their dogs on all land, including beaches, where the piublic have access.
A council spokesman said: “Unfortunately, a few careless dog owners can cause a great deal of annoyance and distaste to all members of the public by not clearing up the mess their dogs can leave behind.
“We also ask all dog owners to ensure dogs are well behaved and listen to verbal commands. If a dog does not respond to an owners recall then it should remain on a lead at all times.”
The usual seasonal restrictions for dogs on beaches will come back into force on May 1, 2021.
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 Nemane to Notts
- 3 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 4 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 5 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 6 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 7 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 8 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 9 Your Bay Needs You - and here are some of the jobs available
- 10 Pro deals for United Academy stars