Dogs allowed back on beaches
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Dog walkers may exercise their dog freely on all beaches in the Bay until next May following the summer ban being lifted.
Walkers are asked to keep dogs on a lead on the highways and pavements until getting onto the beach.
But Torbay Council is warning owners must clear up after their dogs on all land, including beaches, where the piublic have access.
A council spokesman said: “Unfortunately, a few careless dog owners can cause a great deal of annoyance and distaste to all members of the public by not clearing up the mess their dogs can leave behind.
“We also ask all dog owners to ensure dogs are well behaved and listen to verbal commands. If a dog does not respond to an owners recall then it should remain on a lead at all times.”
The usual seasonal restrictions for dogs on beaches will come back into force on May 1, 2021.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 4 National League round-up
- 5 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home
- 6 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 10 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club