Leading Bay businessman Vince joins board of enterprise partnership
- Credit: Submitted
A well-known Torbay businessman has been appointed a director of the West Country's leading business and regeneration organisations.
Vince Flower is one of four new board members of the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership.
The new non-executive directors complement the existing skills and expertise on the board, and support the aspirations of the LEP, which now manages an investment programme of nearly £0.75billion.
Mr Flower joins Jane Dumeresque, Paul Coles and Paul Crawford as new members.
Chairman Karl Tucker said: I would like to thank our retiring Board members for the commitment and energy they have given to us. I am also delighted to welcome our new Board members, who bring a raft of skills and expertise with them, and I look forward to working with them.”
The board oversees the LEP’s delivery programme of infrastructure, business support and skills projects. The new board directors, who have a background in private or social enterprise sectors, will help lead and shape the strategies that will deliver the LEP’s mission, delivering for Devon, Plymouth, Somerset, and Torbay.
Mr Flower is the former Managing Director of Shearings Hotels, where he provided oversight of operations for 50 hotels located all around the UK, including Torbay.
- 1 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 2 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 3 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 6 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 9 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 10 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
He is involved with an impressive number of Devon-based organisations, partnerships, and boards.
After leaving school Mr Flower, who is Torquay born and bred, completed a Diploma in Business Studies at South Devon College, a Higher National Certificate in Business Studies at Exeter College and a Diploma in Management Studies course at Plymouth Polytechnic.
He has 40 years' experience working in the holiday leisure sector. He worked his way up through the ranks to become the Managing Director of Shearings Hotels, of the Specialist Leisure Group.
He has been involved with an impressive number of Devon and South Devon-based organisations, partnerships and Boards, including chairman of governors at South Devon College, chairman of TDA in Torbay and chairman of the Torquay Town Deal Board, which has recently successfully secured £22 million towards the regeneration of Torquay Town Centre.