Property of the Week: Detached house looks down on Torquay’s inner harbour
- Credit: Archant
Looking down on Torquay's bustling inner harbour, our second Property of the Week is another cracker, inside and out.
This fine detached house in Grafton Road, Torquay, is positioned on the hillside above the harbour and has been home to one owner since purchased as a new build in the 1960s.
The property is hidden away in the tranquil Warberries and yet just a short walk down the hill to the waterside restaurants, bars and shops of Torquay.
The inside begins with a reception hall and the convenience of a downstairs shower room with a coloured suite.
The lounge / dining room features a bay to the front with deep mahogany sill overlooking the attractive gardens and further afield across Torbay to Paignton pier.
From this main living area, a glass door opens to the conservatory and a delightful pitstop out to the gardens.
The kitchen is fitted with a comprehensive range of units and provisions for integrated appliances.
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 7 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 8 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 9 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much
Our journey continues into the family room, converted from the original garage and access to the utility area.
Like many Torbay homes, there is an unexpected surprise in the property, with a generous workshop, containing workbenches and space for additional utilities.
Heading upstairs, the master bedroom enjoys views across to the Marldon hills and French doors open out to a balcony above the rear garden.
There are a further three bedrooms, also with plenty of space and idyllic vistas to start the day.
The family bathroom is fully tiled with shower attachment taps in the bath.
Outside this gem of a home, the picturesque front garden has a full array of flowers, shrubs and plants with a driveway leading to the workshop.
The rear garden has been mainly paved for ease of maintenance, plus a patio area with greenhouse. A pathway leads down the side with established fruit canes and a potting shed.
The property is on the market for £430,000. To find out more and arrange a viewing, contact John Lake by calling 01803 328899 or visit www.johnlake.co.uk