'It's great to back on the water'
- Credit: Dart Sailability
Members of Dart Sailability enjoyed their first day ‘s sailing after lockdown restrictions were eased.
The charity welcomed sailors and volunteers to its new base at Dartside Quay, Galmpton,
Principal Ian Wakeling said: “It’s fantastic to see so many volunteers and sailors after all the lockdown restrictions. The freedom and independence that our sailors experience out on the beautiful River Dart is a joy to see.”
The charity has a wide range of motor and sailing boats and its new location gives sailors the opportunity to enjoy safe sailing on some of the most beautiful stretches of the River Dart.
Individual and group memberships are available for organisations helping people with a disability and all members can gain valuable Royal Yachting Association qualifications appropriate to their abilities.
The charity enables people with any disability to enjoy boating, sailing and social activities. To find out more go to www.dartsailability.org
- 1 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 2 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 5 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 6 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 7 Fishermen take narrow lead after win at Barton
- 8 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award