Caroline's cruise ships books on way to crews
- Credit: Submitted
Special books are on their way to the cruise ships to mark their time in the Bay.
The books - comprising a collection of photographs of the ships from residents across the Bay - was the brainwave of retired college worker Caroline Sleeman.
After appealing for pictures, Caroline contacted the directors of Eat That Frog Community Interest Company and with the help of Torquay Centre Manager Lucie Johnson and Mitch Searle, one of their digital skills tutors, Caroline's dream became a reality..
The Torquay harbour master's office supplied the final piece in the jigsaw when they agreed to hand over the the books to the cruise ship crews when they visit the harbour
Caroline said: "They are going to try to get a book to each of the captains of the ships which would be incredible. I can't thank them enough."
She has already raised hundreds of pounds for the local RNLI with the sale of the books.
- 1 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 2 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 3 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 4 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 5 Torquay United penalty order...just in case
- 6 Concentration the key for Torquay United
- 7 Tributes paid to village character Leebo who will be missed by many - but not perhaps some marauding football fans!
- 8 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 9 Congratulations from Clarke
- 10 So much at stake for Torquay United