New Covid testing centre opens in Bay
- Credit: Submitted
A new walk-through coronavirus testing facility has opened for those with symptoms to book appointments at Torbay Leisure Centre Car Park in Paignton.
It is part of the Government’s UK-wide drive to continue to improve the accessibility of coronavirus testing for local communities.
Testing at this site is only available for those with coronavirus symptoms – a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Anyone with one or more of these symptoms should book a test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
The government is committed to continue expanding the capacity of the network of UK test sites and laboratories to make it even easier to get tested and reduce the time it takes to receive test results.
The new site is situated so it is easily accessible without a car. Those being tested will be required to follow public health measures, including social distancing, not travelling by taxi or public transport, practicing good personal hygiene and wearing a face covering throughout, including while travelling to and from the testing centre.
Anyone attending an appointment at a walk-through test site will be provided with guidance on getting to and from the test site safely, with additional support for vulnerable groups and people with disabilities.
Anyone testing positive for the virus in England will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace to help them trace their contacts. This will help to identify who they may have been in close contact with, protecting others from further transmission.
- 1 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 2 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 3 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 4 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 5 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 6 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 7 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 8 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 9 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 10 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
Close contacts of those testing positive will also hear from NHS Test and Trace, asking them to stay at home for 10 days to prevent them from unknowingly spreading the virus. They will be advised to also book a test if they develop symptoms.