Council welcomes 16 social workers to children's services
- Credit: Submitted
Sixteen newly qualified social workers have started Torbay Council children's services' assessed and supported year in employment (ASYE) programme.
The programme, delivered by the in-house Learning Academy, represents the continuing, new investment in social worker skills development in Torbay.
During the three-year learning programme, all newly qualified social workers are professionally supported to develop the expertise and confidence to become advanced practitioners.
Newly qualified social workers undertaking their ASYE with Torbay benefit from a highly supportive team, a protected number of cases allocated to them and a buddy from within their own team.
A council spokesperson said: "This is an exciting time for Torbay children’s services, following the news of becoming shortlisted as a finalist in the children’s services category of the Local Government Chronicle Awards 2021."
Cllr Cordelia Law, Cabinet member for children’s services on Torbay Council, said: ”To be recognised as one of the top children’s services to work for across councils nationwide is something Torbay children’s services is immensely proud of; not only in terms of what the service brings to the learning and development of newly qualified social workers but to the cared for children of Torbay.”
If you are a newly qualified social worker looking to start your career, Torbay children’s services are still accepting applications to join the service in January.
- 1 Gary Johnson: Whatever I may say, I'm a very bad loser
- 2 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 3 Tough player decisions ahead as Gaffer tries to build Torquay United squad fit for success
- 4 Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 5 TW Livermead Coffee Girls
- 6 How you can help us win the battle against winter
- 7 Christmas arrives in Torquay thanks to a sparkly wand (and an MP and jeweller)
- 8 Brixham Reserves take the biggest stride forward in South Devon Prem
- 9 Christmas hamper appeal aims to help 120 Torbay families
- 10 Winter fest is back - and so too is Father Christmas