Torbay Council adapts services to provide best support and advice during Coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
We are working tirelessly to co-ordinate the local multi-agency response to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Our incident management team has brought together officers from across the council who are working to ensure that the most vulnerable in Torbay are getting the support that they need.
In many cases this means adapting our services to make sure that individuals and businesses can get the best advice and support.
Torbay's culture of partnership has never been so important – be that our community and voluntary groups or individuals who are looking out for neighbours while following the latest instructions on self-isolation and social distancing.
As a large organisation, we have inevitably had to change how we operate in these difficult times, and thanks to modern technology, a large proportion of our staff are working from home, which means they can continue to deliver vital services.
However, some of our services are being reduced or stopped.
It is either simply not safe for the public or our staff to continue those services, or they are not needed in the current situation, or those who deliver them are needed more in other service areas.
- 1 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 2 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 3 Turning our season around
- 4 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 5 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 6 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 7 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 8 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 9 Norrms McNamara: The loneliness of dementia
- 10 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete
During this time please ensure you keep checking our website and our social media channels, this is where all the latest information will be posted.
We will also ensure that local radio has details of changes to services and how to access help, support and advice.