Torbay Council adapts services to provide best support and advice during Coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
We are working tirelessly to co-ordinate the local multi-agency response to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Our incident management team has brought together officers from across the council who are working to ensure that the most vulnerable in Torbay are getting the support that they need.
In many cases this means adapting our services to make sure that individuals and businesses can get the best advice and support.
Torbay's culture of partnership has never been so important – be that our community and voluntary groups or individuals who are looking out for neighbours while following the latest instructions on self-isolation and social distancing.
As a large organisation, we have inevitably had to change how we operate in these difficult times, and thanks to modern technology, a large proportion of our staff are working from home, which means they can continue to deliver vital services.
However, some of our services are being reduced or stopped.
It is either simply not safe for the public or our staff to continue those services, or they are not needed in the current situation, or those who deliver them are needed more in other service areas.
- 1 Exeter Chiefs replace Native-American brand with nod to Devon's history
- 2 Can you help free the Rowcroft Six - or shall we let them stay where they are?
- 3 Johnson promised cash to 'build bigger, stronger squad'
- 4 New singers welcome as Torbay Gilbert and Sullivan Society start The Mikado rehearsals
- 5 Hero awards finalist Chris has that spark which makes him extra special!
- 6 From trawler to plate in a day - chef Mitch Tonks bringing Brixham fish straight to customers' doors
- 7 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 8 Lift off for Air Show but what about Red Arrows?
- 9 Teams work round clock to dismantle old railway bridge
- 10 Inside Oldway Mansion and a journey through its history
During this time please ensure you keep checking our website and our social media channels, this is where all the latest information will be posted.
We will also ensure that local radio has details of changes to services and how to access help, support and advice.