A message from Liz Davenport, chief executive for Torbay & South Devon Foundation Trust
- Credit: Archant
Liz Davenport, Chief Executive for Torbay & South Devon Foundation Trust, writes:
Throughout Torbay and South Devon, as an Integrated Care Organisation, we are committed to working closely through strong alliances across our Health, Social Care and Voluntary Partnerships. Our shared aim is to ensure all resources are focused on the safety and wellbeing of our communities during the unprecedented challenges we will all face in the weeks ahead.
The response across Torbay and South Devon healthcare has been tremendous with staff in acute and community services coming together to ensure we are able to respond.
We have set up an incident command centre with clinicians and managers working across all areas of the organisation alongside our voluntary and independent sector partners to adapt and deliver the required care during this outbreak.
Training of staff in non-clinical areas has been set up and a full coordination of all possible solutions are being explored.
Our commitment is to work together with local health providers, Torbay Council, Devon County Council, Devon Partnership Trust, care providers and our strong voluntary sector to ensure care provision is supported and resilience is maintained through the coming weeks and months.
We would ask that our community supports us in continuing to provide critical services at this time by following national advice and guidance regarding attending healthcare facilities.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 6 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 7 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 8 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 9 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 10 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens