New £10 million Claylands site just the job for growing Bay firm
- Credit: Submitted
A new purpose-built £10 million manufacturing facility at Claylands in Paignton is complete and ready to be used by a local multinational manufacturing company.
Castings Support Systems Group will take on the building to support their growing business and use specialist machinery to manufacture products for pharmaceutical distribution and aerospace industries. Relocating to the new manufacturing facility will enable the group to continue to grow while remaining in Torbay.
From this facility, CSS will expand its market share globally. The CSS Group are official tier one suppliers to Rolls Royce Gas Turbines and other World-renowned companies. CSS provide complex tooling, technical mouldings and composite components, for mechanical handling systems and many engineering sectors including aerospace and defence.
Ted Head, Chairman of CSS Group, said: “For a number of years we have been exploring options to meet the needs of our growing companies which currently occupy two company owned facilities with a combined floor space of 3,000 square metres. The construction of this new state of the art manufacturing facility provides us with an opportunity to continue with our exceptional growth..
"Currently, we deliver to 25 countries worldwide and we foresee continued growth from our European and other overseas partners for our products and technical services."
The development is funded by £2 million of the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership’s Unlocking Growth Funding and an £8 million investment in the site by Torbay Council.
Karl Tucker, Chair of the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “The completion of this project is great news for Torbay and will benefit so many growing businesses in the area. This new facility will provide 5,000m² of employment space."
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 3 New £10 million Claylands site just the job for growing Bay firm
- 4 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 5 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 6 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 7 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 8 Please only use hospital A&E if your life depends on it
- 9 Your Bay Needs You - and here are some of the jobs available
- 10 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
The project has been delivered by TDA and Midas Construction.
Cllr Swithin Long, Torbay Council cabinet member for economic regeneration, tourism and housing, said: “Investment by Torbay Council and the Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership has enabled CCS Group to relocate within Torbay rather than elsewhere."
Cllr Darren Cowell, deputy council leader and cabinet member for finance, said: “We expect that Claylands Business Park will provide a significant boost to the economy."