Your chance to recycle Christmas trees
- Credit: CHSW
Children’s Hospice South West is offering a Christmas tree recycling service for some households in Torbay.
Volunteers will be collecting real trees in the TQ1 and TQ2 postcode areas and taking them to be recycled in return for a donation to the charity.
Trees will be collected between January 13 and 14 and collections can be booked in advance on the Just Helping website until Monday January 10.
CHSW area fundraiser Henrietta Olsson said: “This is such an easy, green and charitable way to recycle your Christmas tree, while helping to support our Little Bridge House children’s hospice in Devon.
“The money raised from collecting and recycling trees will help make a huge difference to local children and families at the most difficult of times.
“We’d like to thank all the volunteers and businesses who are generously donating their time and vehicles to help us collect the Christmas trees – we are very grateful for their support.”
To book a Christmas tree collection visit just-helping.org.uk/register-tree
- 1 Property of the Week: Stunning seaside holiday let property
- 2 Great win on the road for United
- 3 Torquay United under-18s triumph over league leaders
- 4 Gulls savour 'huge three points'
- 5 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 6 Saluting top man 'Skivvo' as he announces he's leaving the Glovers
- 7 Tribute to talented artist and craftswoman Mandy, who brought out the best in those she taught
- 8 Afghan refugee family move to Torbay after delays
- 9 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 10 Solar farms are power to council's elbow but don't forget the Gulls - and the archers!