Children's nurses awarded royal seal of approval
- Credit: Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
Laura Ireland and Jo Broderick, Community Children’s Nurses with Children and Family Health Devon have been awarded the prestigious title of Queen’s Nurse (QN).
Laura and Jo have been awarded the nationally important title by the Queen’s Nursing Institute (QNI), recognising their high standards of community nursing practice. Due to the pandemic the award ceremony will take place online but will still be a very special occasion befitting the importance of the awards.
Laura and Jo both work in the Specialist Children’s Community Nursing Team (Eastern Devon) for Children and Family Health Devon (CFHD). CHFD is a partnership led by Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust with Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust, Devon Partnership NHS Trust and Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
The awards, presented by Professor John Unsworth, Chair of the QNI's Council, indicate a commitment to high standards of patient care, learning and leadership. Nurses who hold the title benefit from developmental workshops, bursaries, networking opportunities, and a shared professional identity.
Being awarded Queen’s Nurse status is very prestigious and is only awarded to those who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to patient care and community nursing practice.
This award demonstrates the team’s commitment to delivering high quality nursing care to children in the community. By working collaboratively with children, carers, parents and professionals the team provides a seamless nursing service for children and their families to ensure consistent and quality care provided in the community.
Jo Broderick said: “I feel honoured and delighted to achieve this prestigious award, alongside my colleagues Lisa and Laura. I really want to say that the families and children I have worked with for 18 years make working in the Children’s Community Nursing Service so rewarding and humbling, it is a privilege to work with them.”
- 1 Property of the Week: Stunning seaside holiday let property
- 2 Great win on the road for United
- 3 Torquay United under-18s triumph over league leaders
- 4 Gulls savour 'huge three points'
- 5 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 6 Afghan refugee family move to Torbay after delays
- 7 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 8 Solar farms are power to council's elbow but don't forget the Gulls - and the archers!
- 9 Tribute to talented artist and craftswoman Mandy, who brought out the best in those she taught
- 10 Saluting top man 'Skivvo' as he announces he's leaving the Glovers
Laura Ireland said: “I’m feeling really proud and honoured to have been given the Queen’s Nurse award. I wasn’t expecting to achieve this on my first attempt as I still feel as though I’m fairly early on in my career so to succeed already feels like a real achievement.”