Chef Simon shares tips to help home cooks
- Credit: Submitted
Michelin-starred Torquay chef Simon Hulstone has contributed to a new cookbook.
Simon, who has had a Michelin star since 2004 at his restaurant The Elephant, has added some of his tips to help home cooks.
Described as a ‘tour de force’ in the kitchen and even has his own farm.
Seasonal West Country flavours make up his menus, with a deep understanding of technique behind each dish.
The book Hacks is the definitive new cookbook for ambitious home cooks, giving them the tools they need to create restaurant standard food in their own kitchens.
Revealing the secret hacks used by the UK’s finest chefs to elevate their dishes, Hacks is a step-by-step guide that shows how professional chefs make dishes go from good to great.
The book features exclusive recipes and tips from 25 leading British chefs, including co-founder and head chef at Koya, Shuko Oda; one of the best classical chefs in the country, Galton Blackiston; Alfred Prasad, the youngest Indian chef to win a Michelin star; Café Deco’s Anna Tobias; the Galvin brothers; National Chef of the Year, Kuba Winkowski; Great British Menu winner Richard Bainbridge; and 1251’s James Cochran.
- 1 Captain Cameron set to lead Magpies against Gulls
- 2 The little door behind the main stand
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Decisions to be made over Covid-related postponements of cricket matches
- 5 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 8 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 9 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 10 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million