'Family' business raises more than £15,000 for charities
- Credit: Submitted
A Torbay company which has raised more than £15,000 for local charities has been described as more like a ‘family’ than a business.
The tribute came from Luke Faiers, Office manager of Torbay Clearance Services.
Luke has worked for TCS for 10 years and reveals: “From leaving school it has always been hard for me to hold down a job, due to my Aspergers and not being able to cope with normal day to day activities.
“I was in Paignton town one weekend where I met Simon Crawshay, Director of Torbay Clearance Services, and out of the blue I randomly asked him if he had any jobs going. He took my number and said he would phone me back.
“To cut a long story short, due to the help and support of Simon, my confidence has grown over the years and I am now proud to manage the office at TCS.”
Lukes says the TCS team deserve praise for the work they do.
He adds: “Throughout lockdown our team were all furloughed on full pay, and since lockdown we have all come up with ways to help charities at this difficult time, so far, since May, we have raised and donated £15,145.03 for a number of charities.
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 4 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 5 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 6 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 7 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 8 'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
“We are very proud to be able to assist so many charities in this difficult time.
“If it wasn't for the support of TCS I would not be where I am today, I don't see TCS as a job I see it as ‘family’.
Charities to have benefitted include Paignton Zoo, Rowcroft Hospice, the Thrive Project, Age UK, Devon Air Ambulance, Children and Families in Grief in South Devon, Help for Heroes, Children’s Happy Hospital Fund, Campaign Against Living Miserably, Re4orm Torbay, Animals in Distress, British Heart Foundation, Torbay Hospital, Brixham, Does Care, Children In Need, Children’s Hospice South West, Alfie’s Food Pantry, Brixham Fishermen’s Mission and Brainwave