'Family' business raises more than £15,000 for charities
- Credit: Submitted
A Torbay company which has raised more than £15,000 for local charities has been described as more like a ‘family’ than a business.
The tribute came from Luke Faiers, Office manager of Torbay Clearance Services.
Luke has worked for TCS for 10 years and reveals: “From leaving school it has always been hard for me to hold down a job, due to my Aspergers and not being able to cope with normal day to day activities.
“I was in Paignton town one weekend where I met Simon Crawshay, Director of Torbay Clearance Services, and out of the blue I randomly asked him if he had any jobs going. He took my number and said he would phone me back.
“To cut a long story short, due to the help and support of Simon, my confidence has grown over the years and I am now proud to manage the office at TCS.”
Lukes says the TCS team deserve praise for the work they do.
He adds: “Throughout lockdown our team were all furloughed on full pay, and since lockdown we have all come up with ways to help charities at this difficult time, so far, since May, we have raised and donated £15,145.03 for a number of charities.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
“We are very proud to be able to assist so many charities in this difficult time.
“If it wasn't for the support of TCS I would not be where I am today, I don't see TCS as a job I see it as ‘family’.
Charities to have benefitted include Paignton Zoo, Rowcroft Hospice, the Thrive Project, Age UK, Devon Air Ambulance, Children and Families in Grief in South Devon, Help for Heroes, Children’s Happy Hospital Fund, Campaign Against Living Miserably, Re4orm Torbay, Animals in Distress, British Heart Foundation, Torbay Hospital, Brixham, Does Care, Children In Need, Children’s Hospice South West, Alfie’s Food Pantry, Brixham Fishermen’s Mission and Brainwave