Covid: Changes to Torbay and South Devon hospital visiting rules
- Credit: Ed Oldfield/LDRS
Visiting arrangements have been changed across Torbay and South Devon hospitals.
Patients are now allowed one nominated visitor for one hour, once a day.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust revised its visiting policy so it can continue to keep patients, visitors and staff as safe as possible, and help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
A trust spokesperson said: "We understand that people’s circumstances can change, so please discuss any individual needs with the relevant ward manager.
"Visiting and appointment information for maternity services remain unchanged.
"Please remember, you can help us to help you and your loved one by arriving and leaving within your allocated visiting time, wearing your face mask at all times when inside our buildings and washing your hands and/or using the hand sanitiser when you arrive and when you leave as well as submitting your details to NHS track and trace every time you visit.
"We will continue to regularly review our visiting arrangements in line with NHS and Government guidance and local public health advice.
- 1 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 4 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 5 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 6 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Turning our season around
- 9 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 10 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
"We would like to thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during what continues to be challenging time."