Chalking up cheerful messages across Torbay
- Credit: TCDT
Cheerful messages designed to put smiles on people’s faces are appearing on pavements across the Bay.
The Torbay Chalk Trail follows on from the Christmas Trail and the Sunflower Trail before it, all designed to cheer people up during lockdown.
Torbay Community Development Trust’s community builders are coordinating the initiative, which is seeing jokes, messages and drawings popping up on paths across the Bay.
The messages, done in chalk, disappear after rain, but while there provide something for people to read and admire whilst out on their daily exercise or on route to the shops.
Tara Acton, community builder for Chelston, Livermead and Cockington, has set up a Facebook page to coordinate the efforts and display pictures of the finished results, and so far, more than 200 people have signed up.
“We just want people to have the opportunity to share their thoughts, feelings and sense of humour so that everyone knows we are all in this together.
“The great thing is that the work does not last for long and washes away as soon as it rains, but in the meantime, they are there for everyone to enjoy,” said Tara
- 1 Gulls walking Covid tightrope ahead of Solihull visit
- 2 Frying high after 40 years - and raising thousands for charity
- 3 Gulls downed by two late goals
- 4 Torbay remains 'Covid capital of Devon' despite drop in cases
- 5 Mark takes over at helm as Teignbridge Propellers invest in future
- 6 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 7 Patricia's delighted to bring Noel Coward's Private Lives to Princess Theatre
- 8 Green Spaces: A place to grow for Torbay trees
- 9 Lack of experience damages United
- 10 Increase in number of incidents on Torbay waters
So far, examples of work include colourful drawings of flowers, smiley faces and mandalas alongside messages.
Anyone can sign up on Facebook at Chalk up the Bay and chalk is available should you need it by contacting Tara either by email email@example.com or calling her on 07730 792 431.