Cash for community groups
- Credit: Archant
Grants of up to £300 have been made available to help people become more active, look after themselves better and improve wellbeing.
Community groups are being encouraged to apply for the grants which are aimed at making a difference in communities across the Bay are being administered by the Torbay Community Development Trust.
Called ‘What matters to Me, Matters to You’ the Torbay Community Fund grants are from £25 to £300 and target schemes that will:
promote physical activity
encourage people to look after themselves better (‘self-care’) and live more positive and fulfilled lives
promote emotional health and wellbeing
support recovery from drug or alcohol misuse
reduce loneliness within local communities
support life-long learning and strengthen and develop existing community networks.
Application forms are available from email@example.com and the deadline is June 1.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 3 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 7 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 8 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 9 It's the Sue and Sarah show at Torquay's Artizan Gallery
- 10 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens