Cash for community groups
- Credit: Archant
Grants of up to £300 have been made available to help people become more active, look after themselves better and improve wellbeing.
Community groups are being encouraged to apply for the grants which are aimed at making a difference in communities across the Bay are being administered by the Torbay Community Development Trust.
Called ‘What matters to Me, Matters to You’ the Torbay Community Fund grants are from £25 to £300 and target schemes that will:
promote physical activity
encourage people to look after themselves better (‘self-care’) and live more positive and fulfilled lives
promote emotional health and wellbeing
support recovery from drug or alcohol misuse
reduce loneliness within local communities
support life-long learning and strengthen and develop existing community networks.
Application forms are available from firstname.lastname@example.org and the deadline is June 1.
- 1 Turning our season around
- 2 £1million grants to give Bay new housing boost
- 3 Underdog mindset for the Gulls
- 4 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 5 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 6 Ticket price offer for Torquay United's FA Cup tie
- 7 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 8 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
- 9 We're in danger of some domestic competitions becoming obsolete
- 10 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction