Carter’s Stores 20 years of serving the community
- Credit: Archant
Family-run Carters Stores has been offering a delivery service, via taxi, for key workers, the vulnerable and elderly customers throughout the coronavirus lockdown.
Fresh bread and milk have been delivered daily, along with a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables, eggs, frozen meals, cakes, biscuits, drinks and snacks, toiletries, cleaning products, wine and beer all available for delivery.
Carter's stores has been an established family-run business in Torbay for more than 20 years.
Over this time, Carter's Stores have grown from one small store to eight stores all in prime locations across Torbay - making Carter's the largest group of independent convenience stores in the South West.
Carter's Stores' growth means they have been able to negotiate better deals with suppliers and pass those savings directly on to their customers.
It's been two decades since the doors first opened under the iconic red and white name 'Carters' in Torbay.
Founded by Ian and Christine Carter, the business has expanded from just one small store in Elm Park, Paignton.
- 1 Torquay United 3 Truro City 0
- 2 Barton Hill Academy students triumph in national awards
- 3 Vehicle life expectancy - who's the clever one?
- 4 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon
- 5 School is first in Bay to reach career guidance benchmarks
- 6 Family home in popular residential area
- 7 Important news if you need to have an MOT in September
- 8 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 9 MP visits engineers building new broadband infrastructure across Torbay
- 10 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
They have kept the business in the family and now the daily running of the company is done by Ian and Christine's son, Barney, and his wife Bree.
Ian and Christine's daughter, Nikki, and her husband Philip Saunders also have two convenience stores in Exeter, 'Saunders' stores.
This brings the family-run chain up to a total of nine shops in Devon and combined, the two families make up the largest chain of independent newsagents and convenience stores in the region.
Carter's take great pride in being 'Local and Low Cost'!
The stores in Torbay can be found in Abbey Road, Belgrave Road, Elm Park, Hele, Torre, Watcombe, Warbro and Torre Post Office.