'Naturally Inspiring' Carolyn puts best foot forward for charity
- Credit: Submitted
Tourism leader Carolyn Custerson is getting out and about and enjoying the ‘Naturally Inspiring’ English Riviera she spends all her working life promoting.
But Carolyn, chief executive of the English Riviera BID Company, is also putting her best forward for charity.
She has signed up for Cancer Research’s ‘Walk All Over Cancer’ March fundraising challenge.
She says it is something she was compelled to do - in the past two years she has lost her younger brother Mark and a close friend to cancer.
She says: “Losing a younger sibling changes how you think and for all sorts of reasons I wanted to do this.
“The challenge was my chance to give something back and to raise money for an amazing organisation.”
Carolyn said there was also another reason. “It was also a chance to prove something to myself that I can and will make time for daily exercise to help improve my own fitness and wellbeing,” she says.
- 1 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 2 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 6 The little door behind the main stand
- 7 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 8 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 9 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 10 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
“With two replacement knees my exercise options are limited but walking is good and what an amazing place we live in to clock up those steps on the Fitbit.”
She added: “The challenge is for just four weeks and I have been overwhelmed at the generosity of people so far with £850 raised and over 80,000 steps walked in week one.
“I am determined to complete the challenge - 10,000 steps every day - and would love to smash my initial target of £1,000. I am very grateful to Torbay Weekly covering this story. I will keep walking all the time the donations continue to be received.”
To donate visit Carolyn Custerson on Facebook where there is a secure link to her Cancer Research Fund Raising Page.