Can you solve Maidencombe house picture mystery?
- Credit: Submitted
Readers of Torbay Weekly are being asked to help identify a house in Maidencombe.
Liza Hopkinson got in touch after discovering in some old family photos, one labelled Kenwood, Maidencombe, 1935 with her grandparents, father and his brother and other members of the family.
She also found a second photo which she believes is the same building.
The family surname was Hurst.
Liza said: “I then discovered that Maidencombe was part of Torquay so we booked a holiday there to try to find the house.
“I’d love to know if the house, which probably has a different name, still exists.
“I think the photos are at the rear of the property looking out to sea or countryside.”
- 1 Former church home of Rainbow Fun House is sold
- 2 Torquay United strengthen the depth of their squad
- 3 Storm in a T-CUP at Plainmoor
- 4 Gary Johnson: I have faith in Olaf's potential
- 5 Boreham Wood 0 Torquay United 4
- 6 Torquay United FA Trophy preview
- 7 Former Gulls teammates pay tribute to Clint Boulton
- 8 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 9 Charity creates 50 'ultimate lockdown job opportunities'
- 10 A difficult time for us all
Unfortunately, the weather during her visit was so bad, she would have been drenched walking around the village.
She hopes to return next year but in the meantime is asking for help to find the house.