Can you solve Maidencombe house picture mystery?
- Credit: Submitted
Readers of Torbay Weekly are being asked to help identify a house in Maidencombe.
Liza Hopkinson got in touch after discovering in some old family photos, one labelled Kenwood, Maidencombe, 1935 with her grandparents, father and his brother and other members of the family.
She also found a second photo which she believes is the same building.
The family surname was Hurst.
Liza said: “I then discovered that Maidencombe was part of Torquay so we booked a holiday there to try to find the house.
“I’d love to know if the house, which probably has a different name, still exists.
“I think the photos are at the rear of the property looking out to sea or countryside.”
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 4 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 5 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 6 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 7 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 8 'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
Unfortunately, the weather during her visit was so bad, she would have been drenched walking around the village.
She hopes to return next year but in the meantime is asking for help to find the house.