Can you solve Maidencombe house picture mystery?
- Credit: Submitted
Readers of Torbay Weekly are being asked to help identify a house in Maidencombe.
Liza Hopkinson got in touch after discovering in some old family photos, one labelled Kenwood, Maidencombe, 1935 with her grandparents, father and his brother and other members of the family.
She also found a second photo which she believes is the same building.
The family surname was Hurst.
Liza said: “I then discovered that Maidencombe was part of Torquay so we booked a holiday there to try to find the house.
“I’d love to know if the house, which probably has a different name, still exists.
“I think the photos are at the rear of the property looking out to sea or countryside.”
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
Unfortunately, the weather during her visit was so bad, she would have been drenched walking around the village.
She hopes to return next year but in the meantime is asking for help to find the house.