Can you solve Maidencombe house picture mystery?
- Credit: Submitted
Readers of Torbay Weekly are being asked to help identify a house in Maidencombe.
Liza Hopkinson got in touch after discovering in some old family photos, one labelled Kenwood, Maidencombe, 1935 with her grandparents, father and his brother and other members of the family.
She also found a second photo which she believes is the same building.
The family surname was Hurst.
Liza said: “I then discovered that Maidencombe was part of Torquay so we booked a holiday there to try to find the house.
“I’d love to know if the house, which probably has a different name, still exists.
“I think the photos are at the rear of the property looking out to sea or countryside.”
- 1 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 4 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 7 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 8 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 9 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
- 10 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners
Unfortunately, the weather during her visit was so bad, she would have been drenched walking around the village.
She hopes to return next year but in the meantime is asking for help to find the house.