Calling all thrill seekers - reach for the skies and Raise for Rowcroft!
- Credit: Rowcroft Hospice
Come and join the Torbay Weekly skydiving team and help Raise for Rowcroft.
The Torbay Weekly team have no limits when it comes to fundraising, as we aim to raise £50,000 over the course of the year for Rowcroft.
This time, we’re looking for a team of dare devils to join sales manager Andy Sexton and media apprentice Tamla Thornton in a charity skydive event on September 26 for an experience of a lifetime and to raise £20,000 to help us reach our goal.
If jumping out of a plane at 15,000ft is your thing, why not join in and help an amazing cause at the same time?
To sign up, contact Georgia from Rowcroft Hospice by calling 01803 217450 or by emailing Georgia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
When signing up, make sure that you mention that you’re taking part with the Torbay Weekly team. You’ll get your very own Torbay Weekly T-shirt and we’ll even feature you in the paper!
We have some fantastic team members signed up for the Torbay Weekly skydive to join Andy and Tamla, including Neil Tozer from Ridgewater Sales and Lettings, who has already managed to raise a whopping £685 through his Just Giving page. Neil is taking part in the skydive with his wife Jen, on the date of their first wedding anniversary.
Also joining the Torbay Weekly team on the skydive are family business Vospers, estate agents Winkworths and Londis.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
Numbers to join the team aren’t limited, so the more people who join our team, the more planes we will send up!
Our charity skydive is part of the ‘jump for free’ scheme, which means that the cost of the skydive is covered by the money you raise, with the rest donated to Rowcroft Hospice.
The plane is one of the fastest and largest skydiving vehicles in Europe and it can take 18 people in total, including the pilot, tandems, sports jumpers and photographers.
It only takes 15 minutes to get to the height of 15,000ft which you will jump from.