Visit our market stand in Torquay and buy a book to help us raise £50,000 for Rowcroft
- Credit: Jay Richards
After an incredible response to our appeal for book donations, the Torbay Weekly office has been overwhelmed by thousands of books, which have been kindly donated by our readers.
Thank you to each and every one of you who have ventured out in all kinds of weather with boxes and bags filled to the brim with books, all in the name of Rowcroft Hospice.
From The Hound of the Baskervilles to Bill Clinton’s autobiography, we’ve received mountains of donations written by a wonderful array of authors in all kinds of genres.
Starting from tomorrow (May 28) and Saturday (May 29), you’ll be able to visit our Torbay Weekly stand on Torquay Street and Craft Market to have a browse of our book selection and grab yourself a bargain, all while helping to raise some money for Rowcroft Hospice.
What’s more, with every book purchase you’ll receive a copy of the Torbay Weekly for free!
The Torbay Weekly team will be running the stand every Friday and Saturday, where we’ll have all of our good quality, hardback book donations set up underneath a Rowcroft Hospice gazebo.
You can visit the stand from 9am to 1pm, weather permitting, which can be found on Union Street, next to Primark.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
We have a selection of books ready to be sold including classics and best sellers, so pop down to our market stand and a browse at our selection for your next read.
Our books are on sale for a minimum of £1 and all proceeds are donated to Rowcroft Hospice, as part of the Torbay Weekly’s Raise for Rowcroft campaign.
You can support our campaign for Rowcroft with any donations or fundraising events that you like. Whether you’ll be jumping out of a plane, cooking up some delicious treats or taking part in the Torbay half marathon, you can contact the hospice team at email@example.com or 01803 217450 and let them know you’ll be fundraising for the Torbay Weekly’s campaign.
You can also let us know the details of your fundraising event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cover it in the paper.