Seaside cafe in UK top 10
- Credit: Archant
A popular Brixham cafe has been ranked in the top 10 best UK seaside cafes and beach shacks.
Shoals, which overlooks the seawater Shoalstone Pool, was named in the poll in the Guardian newspaper.
The article quotes seafood ambassador and chef Mitch Tonks who said: 'Run by fish merchant Sean Perkes and his wife Sarah, it's all about fresh local fish.
'The skate wing is fabulous.'
Sarah told Torbay Weekly: 'We are really proud to have made the top 10.
'We come from generations of fishermen and our restaurant has a family feel.
'It's nice to be recognised and that all our hard work is paying off.'
- 1 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 2 United visit Woking tonight
- 3 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Relentless from Torquay United
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 8 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 9 Desperate men killing the game
- 10 Overseas players set to boost clubs' promotion bids
Opened in 2015, the cafe has an alfresco terrace from which diners can watch the sunset and see the trawlers and day fishing boats en route to Brixham.
The menu features fresh fish, locally sourced, from their own family trawler.