Seaside cafe in UK top 10
- Credit: Archant
A popular Brixham cafe has been ranked in the top 10 best UK seaside cafes and beach shacks.
Shoals, which overlooks the seawater Shoalstone Pool, was named in the poll in the Guardian newspaper.
The article quotes seafood ambassador and chef Mitch Tonks who said: 'Run by fish merchant Sean Perkes and his wife Sarah, it's all about fresh local fish.
'The skate wing is fabulous.'
Sarah told Torbay Weekly: 'We are really proud to have made the top 10.
'We come from generations of fishermen and our restaurant has a family feel.
'It's nice to be recognised and that all our hard work is paying off.'
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 4 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 New loan signing for United
- 8 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 9 Classic cars undergoing bespoke conversions to electric
- 10 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
Opened in 2015, the cafe has an alfresco terrace from which diners can watch the sunset and see the trawlers and day fishing boats en route to Brixham.
The menu features fresh fish, locally sourced, from their own family trawler.