New lease of life for TV fame pub
- Credit: Submitted
How times change. A Brixham pub - and its landlady - made famous by a fly-on-the-wall TV documentary has been given a new lease of life.
The Maritime Inn and its former landlady Pat Seddon found fame on Sky Atlantic’s Fish Town series which brought Brixham international attention.
Now it has become luxury suites. The Maritime Suites opened earlier in the summer following a two-year renovation.
The iconic, Grade II listed, former pub has been transformed into five, brand new luxury suites with stunning harbour views
Rooms are named after the trawlers that worked out of Brixham in the 17th and 18th centuries; Provident, Leader, Golden Vanity, Vigilance and Pilgrim. The ground floor will be turned into an additional self-catered suite, expected to open in 2022.
Brixham resident James Lund, co-founder of Luxury Coastal who look after hundreds of self-catered houses, apartments and luxury lodges, said: “We’re thrilled to be launching The Maritime Suites in Brixham. The boutique, hotel style rooms are slightly different from our self-catered properties, but with the best position in Brixham, stunning views and interiors, the opportunity was too good to miss. The building is part of local folklore and am glad it has been brought back to life allowing guests to enjoy our town as much as I do.”
- 1 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 2 Are you running on E10 and is it feeling any different?
- 3 Busy weekend for South Devon AC runners
- 4 The Spanish are beaten on their field of stones
- 5 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 6 Colin Lee: Late goal dramas - managing the situation
- 7 Torbay AAC trio tackle Saints' Way Challenge
- 8 Paignton Bowling Club win Mid Devon League Cup
- 9 Seafront switch on for a brighter and lighter future
- 10 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2