Brixham Lottery winner puts £2,000 prize towards buying first home
- Credit: Archant
Brixham Lottery’s 2020 holder of winning ticket 0139 has claimed his £2,000 prize.
Euan, 22, from Brixham, said: “It is amazing to have won. I would have loved to go on a round the world holiday but my priority is to save for my first home. It is difficult to get on the local housing ladder. Living with parents is no fun for me or them.
“I need a large deposit to get started. So ‘thank you’ Brixham Lottery – you have made a big difference to my life.”
John Brennan, chairman of Brixham Future CIC which promotes the licensed Brixham Lottery, said: “We are absolutely delighted. Although we only sold 375 tickets due to Covid-19, we held the draw on schedule.
“The first ticket was unclaimed and Euan was lucky with the redraw. The Brixham Lottery is now part of the way Brixham helps itself by delivering great prizes and financing local projects and events.”
Brixham Future is now organising its third lottery.
- 1 Gulls start pre-season with a victory
- 2 First friendly for Torquay United
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 5 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 6 Ironman effort to raise cash for Torbay surf therapy project
- 7 Nemane to Notts
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under