Brixham loos campaign flushed with early success
- Credit: Archant
Spend a penny and save Brixham loos
A campaign to keep Brixham's Fishcombe Cove toilets open has got off to a cracking start.
Torbay Council announced it would not be able to reopen to toilets but the owners of Fishcombe Cove Cafe have stepped in. Now they have asked for help with the costs involved and launched a Spend a Penny Project.
A Just Giving fundraising page raised £355 of the £500 target within days.
Organiser Chloe Pavlova said: 'We have received an overwhelming amount of support. Local businesses have offered to help supply materials. We need to raise enough money to cover the costs of cleaning. But the dream goal is to make the area look beautiful by painting, planting flowers and renovating the cubicles.'
The cafe staff will open and close and maintain the toilets daily.
Chloe added: 'I would like to say a huge thank you to those who have donated money and helped clean the area. We absolutely love you.'
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 5 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 6 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 7 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 8 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 9 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 10 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul