Brixham loos campaign flushed with early success
- Credit: Archant
Spend a penny and save Brixham loos
A campaign to keep Brixham's Fishcombe Cove toilets open has got off to a cracking start.
Torbay Council announced it would not be able to reopen to toilets but the owners of Fishcombe Cove Cafe have stepped in. Now they have asked for help with the costs involved and launched a Spend a Penny Project.
A Just Giving fundraising page raised £355 of the £500 target within days.
Organiser Chloe Pavlova said: 'We have received an overwhelming amount of support. Local businesses have offered to help supply materials. We need to raise enough money to cover the costs of cleaning. But the dream goal is to make the area look beautiful by painting, planting flowers and renovating the cubicles.'
The cafe staff will open and close and maintain the toilets daily.
Chloe added: 'I would like to say a huge thank you to those who have donated money and helped clean the area. We absolutely love you.'
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 8 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans