Benefit advice demand soars in Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Pandemic sees more people seek benefits advice in Torbay
More people than ever are asking for welfare advice and support in Torbay due to being unable to work and having to self-isolate.
Torbay Advice Network has now increased the availability of its welfare advisor who is able to provide free impartial and confidential support with benefit advice and support.
It is being provided remotely to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to. Clients can access the service by calling 07546 186 001.
Chairman Christopher Wills said: 'These are unprecedented times and while we have very limited resources, we are doing everything we can to support the most vulnerable people in Torbay.
'The service is available Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm but we are also working in collaboration with advice providers such as Citizens Advice Torbay, Age UK Torbay, Homemakers SW, Healthwatch Torbay and Know Your Problem who are also offering support and advice with debt, rent arrears, health, housing and employment.'
- 1 Former church home of Rainbow Fun House is sold
- 2 Torquay United strengthen the depth of their squad
- 3 Torquay United FA Trophy preview
- 4 Storm in a T-CUP at Plainmoor
- 5 Gary Johnson: I have faith in Olaf's potential
- 6 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 7 Former Gulls teammates pay tribute to Clint Boulton
- 8 Goalkeeper and Gulls fan Harry, 16, on bench for Exeter City
- 9 Raise a glass for Clint Boulton
- 10 Cash for five Torbay good causes as Foster's Fund pays out