Benefit advice demand soars in Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Pandemic sees more people seek benefits advice in Torbay
More people than ever are asking for welfare advice and support in Torbay due to being unable to work and having to self-isolate.
Torbay Advice Network has now increased the availability of its welfare advisor who is able to provide free impartial and confidential support with benefit advice and support.
It is being provided remotely to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to. Clients can access the service by calling 07546 186 001.
Chairman Christopher Wills said: 'These are unprecedented times and while we have very limited resources, we are doing everything we can to support the most vulnerable people in Torbay.
'The service is available Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm but we are also working in collaboration with advice providers such as Citizens Advice Torbay, Age UK Torbay, Homemakers SW, Healthwatch Torbay and Know Your Problem who are also offering support and advice with debt, rent arrears, health, housing and employment.'
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 4 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 5 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 6 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 7 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 8 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy