Benefit advice demand soars in Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Pandemic sees more people seek benefits advice in Torbay
More people than ever are asking for welfare advice and support in Torbay due to being unable to work and having to self-isolate.
Torbay Advice Network has now increased the availability of its welfare advisor who is able to provide free impartial and confidential support with benefit advice and support.
It is being provided remotely to ensure social distancing guidelines are adhered to. Clients can access the service by calling 07546 186 001.
Chairman Christopher Wills said: 'These are unprecedented times and while we have very limited resources, we are doing everything we can to support the most vulnerable people in Torbay.
'The service is available Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm but we are also working in collaboration with advice providers such as Citizens Advice Torbay, Age UK Torbay, Homemakers SW, Healthwatch Torbay and Know Your Problem who are also offering support and advice with debt, rent arrears, health, housing and employment.'
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 8 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon