Becky Stuckey: Sir Tom Jones never disappoints
- Credit: PA
This week, I was lucky enough to be in Plymouth watching and listening to the legend that is Sir Tom Jones, 81 years old and a voice like velvet.
I’m sure he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and you probably think I’m far too young to know any of his songs but I love his voice and songs - I have my dad to thank for that.
I have seen Sir Tom before and he never disappoints.
When I said ‘watching’, I mean that in the loosest sense of the word - having standing tickets equalled a rubbish view.
He seemed so far away, however, being stood meant I could dance my little socks off and dance I did – feeling it in the hips now though!
I had a great time despite the overpriced food and drink, and the ridiculously long queues... next time I’m paying for the best tickets, ones with a bit of luxury and private loos!
At work this week and one of my lovely colleagues has written the number of days until Christmas on the white board in her office.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 3 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 4 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 5 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 6 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 9 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 10 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
Sat on the table underneath the afore mentioned whiteboard was a box of mince pies.
Mince pies... in September! I mean, really.
I refuse to engage in anything Christmas like until December. Then I can over-indulge and for the whole month.
If I start eating mince pies now, by the time Christmas actually comes I’ll be bored of them and the magic of the treats of Christmas stop being a treat. Just saying.
I do say every year that I am going to start my shopping earlier but there is no way I’m starting until October at the earliest, primarily because I’d buy them, put them somewhere safe and forget where I’d hidden them, then I’d have to go out and start all over again!
Yep it’s my, never mind fair, fat and forty, I’m forgetful, fat and forty!
Heard the sad news of the death of Boycie from Only Fool’s and football great Greavsie at the weekend - another couple of entertainment greats no longer with us.