Bay MP’s appeal to ‘doom-mongers’ after ‘Independence Day’ tour
- Credit: Archant
Bay MP Kevin Foster gives his verdict after 'Independence Day' fact-finding tour
Torbay MP Kevin Foster went on a fact-finding tour on 'Independence Day' to see how the re-opening of the Bay's tourism and hospitality businesses was looking.
He said: 'Most of the businesses are reasonably happy.'
He said some were estimating that trade was between 30 per cent and 50 per cent of what it would be at this time of the year
He said: 'It is not cold and it is not blazing hot. It is not packed but they are getting a reasonable amount of trade.'
Mr Foster said he accepted that some people were still nervous but he appealed for 'common sense'.
'We still have one or two of the doom-mongers who are saying it's going to be terrible,' said Mr Foster. 'The virus is not over and we still have to abide by the rules but on social media they were prophesising doom over a month ago. We do need a balanced approach.'
- 1 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 2 United heading into the future
- 3 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 4 Torquay United 0 Argyle 3
- 5 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 6 Praise for Sonny after he plays key role in senior debut for Somerset
- 7 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 8 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 9 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 10 The secret of replacing those cherished hugs that mean so much