TV star Joanna drops in on Bay's best B&B in the world
- Credit: 25 Boutique
National treasure Joanna Lumley visited a national treasure in Torquay.
The 25 Boutique – named the best B&B in the world for two years running – played host to Joanna and the last episode of her new three-part ITV series ‘Joanna Lumley’s Home Sweet Home'.
She travelled from the Yorkshire Dales to St Michael’s Mount, from the Highlands of Scotland to the cobbles of Coronation Street, retracing old steps, meeting inspiring people, and exploring the wonders of the country she calls home.
Filmed last October, before the latest lockdown, part of her journey took her from south Wales through Devon and on to Cornwall, and she stopped off in Dartmoor to meet a grove of Devon Druids.
As the UK is synonymous for its bed and breakfast accommodation, she decided to showcase this quintessential British tradition by staying in the best the country has to offer - the 25 Boutique, named Best B&B in the World two years in a row by travel website TripAdvisor.
Joanna, who famously played ‘Patsy’ in the long running comedy series ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ met another Patsy – the owners’ resident Miniature Schnauzer.
She is a vegetarian, so the following morning, she started the day with a goats’ cheese and mushroom croissant dish for breakfast aptly named ‘Absolutely Fabulous Mushrooms’. She then took the opportunity to chat with owners Andy and Julian Banner-Price.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 6 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 7 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 8 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 9 Fishermen take narrow lead after win at Barton
- 10 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
Joanna said of her visit “That was just fabulous! I loved every bit of your gorgeous B&B, every room, every mouthful, every award…you are literally the best!”.
Andy said: “Following a difficult year, it was lovely to meet Joanna and have her support for small accommodation businesses which are the backbone of UK hospitality.
“I’ve been a huge fan of Absolutely Fabulous for years and so to meet ‘Patsy’ in real life was a dream come true. We’re pleased to be able to show off the English Riviera, particularly in a year where it looks like foreign holidays are off the cards again, it’s the ideal opportunity to attract new people to Devon.”
Husband Julian said: “It was an amazing experience.”
The third episode featuring the 25 Boutique airs on February 16.