TV star Joanna drops in on Bay's best B&B in the world
- Credit: 25 Boutique
National treasure Joanna Lumley visited a national treasure in Torquay.
The 25 Boutique – named the best B&B in the world for two years running – played host to Joanna and the last episode of her new three-part ITV series ‘Joanna Lumley’s Home Sweet Home'.
She travelled from the Yorkshire Dales to St Michael’s Mount, from the Highlands of Scotland to the cobbles of Coronation Street, retracing old steps, meeting inspiring people, and exploring the wonders of the country she calls home.
Filmed last October, before the latest lockdown, part of her journey took her from south Wales through Devon and on to Cornwall, and she stopped off in Dartmoor to meet a grove of Devon Druids.
As the UK is synonymous for its bed and breakfast accommodation, she decided to showcase this quintessential British tradition by staying in the best the country has to offer - the 25 Boutique, named Best B&B in the World two years in a row by travel website TripAdvisor.
Joanna, who famously played ‘Patsy’ in the long running comedy series ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ met another Patsy – the owners’ resident Miniature Schnauzer.
She is a vegetarian, so the following morning, she started the day with a goats’ cheese and mushroom croissant dish for breakfast aptly named ‘Absolutely Fabulous Mushrooms’. She then took the opportunity to chat with owners Andy and Julian Banner-Price.
- 1 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 2 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 3 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 4 Plans for more than 1,000 homes in new 'mini-town' get green light
- 5 Perfect ending to memorable match
- 6 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 7 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 8 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 9 Five things from Torquay United's weekend
- 10 Is the new car sales rise a result of the pandemic?
Joanna said of her visit “That was just fabulous! I loved every bit of your gorgeous B&B, every room, every mouthful, every award…you are literally the best!”.
Andy said: “Following a difficult year, it was lovely to meet Joanna and have her support for small accommodation businesses which are the backbone of UK hospitality.
“I’ve been a huge fan of Absolutely Fabulous for years and so to meet ‘Patsy’ in real life was a dream come true. We’re pleased to be able to show off the English Riviera, particularly in a year where it looks like foreign holidays are off the cards again, it’s the ideal opportunity to attract new people to Devon.”
Husband Julian said: “It was an amazing experience.”
The third episode featuring the 25 Boutique airs on February 16.