Law firm makes key appointments for future growth plans
- Credit: Boyce Hatton
Torbay-based solicitors Boyce Hatton have made two key appointments to support their future growth.
An internal promotion sees Rebecca Holloway becoming an Equity Partner, and a new appointment welcomes Nick James to the firm in the role of Practice Manager.
Rebecca’s promotion comes just four years after she was promoted to partner, having joined the firm in 2014 in the busy residential property team.
Rebecca is head of residential conveyancing. Her appointment to an equity partner is a first for the firm - as a Licensed Conveyancer, Rebecca is the first non-solicitor equity partner.
Nick James is an experienced practice manager and well known in the local business community; Managing Partner Kate Barton said: ‘I’m delighted to welcome Nick to our firm and to once again see Rebecca promoted to the next level of her career. Having worked alongside Rebecca for the last seven years, I’m really pleased to see her taking the next step from salaried partner to equity partner. This past year has seen our property team busier than ever as clients take advantage of the stamp duty holiday. Rebecca has worked tirelessly for her clients and has led her team superbly.
"As a firm we’re continuously looking ahead and are committed to providing our clients with an excellent legal service. Nick brings with him a wealth of experience from a larger firm which will be invaluable as we continue to grow our client base from our two offices in Torbay and the South Hams."
Rebecca said; “I’m looking forward to bringing another perspective to the leadership team and continuing to provide a great service to all of my clients.”
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 3 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 4 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 5 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 6 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 7 Torquay United gaffer and players give Community Day a 'big thumbs up'
- 8 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 9 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 10 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
Nick said: “This is a great time for me to join Boyce Hatton as we move out of lockdown and prepare the firm, our staff and clients for new, improved working practices. Boyce Hatton have grown a lot in recent years, including the opening of a second office in Totnes, and have a clear plan for the future. I’m delighted to be joining the team and helping make those plans a reality.”