Law firm makes key appointments for future growth plans
- Credit: Boyce Hatton
Torbay-based solicitors Boyce Hatton have made two key appointments to support their future growth.
An internal promotion sees Rebecca Holloway becoming an Equity Partner, and a new appointment welcomes Nick James to the firm in the role of Practice Manager.
Rebecca’s promotion comes just four years after she was promoted to partner, having joined the firm in 2014 in the busy residential property team.
Rebecca is head of residential conveyancing. Her appointment to an equity partner is a first for the firm - as a Licensed Conveyancer, Rebecca is the first non-solicitor equity partner.
Nick James is an experienced practice manager and well known in the local business community; Managing Partner Kate Barton said: ‘I’m delighted to welcome Nick to our firm and to once again see Rebecca promoted to the next level of her career. Having worked alongside Rebecca for the last seven years, I’m really pleased to see her taking the next step from salaried partner to equity partner. This past year has seen our property team busier than ever as clients take advantage of the stamp duty holiday. Rebecca has worked tirelessly for her clients and has led her team superbly.
"As a firm we’re continuously looking ahead and are committed to providing our clients with an excellent legal service. Nick brings with him a wealth of experience from a larger firm which will be invaluable as we continue to grow our client base from our two offices in Torbay and the South Hams."
Rebecca said; “I’m looking forward to bringing another perspective to the leadership team and continuing to provide a great service to all of my clients.”
- 1 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 2 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 3 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 4 Plans for more than 1,000 homes in new 'mini-town' get green light
- 5 Perfect ending to memorable match
- 6 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 7 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 8 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 9 Five things from Torquay United's weekend
- 10 Is the new car sales rise a result of the pandemic?
Nick said: “This is a great time for me to join Boyce Hatton as we move out of lockdown and prepare the firm, our staff and clients for new, improved working practices. Boyce Hatton have grown a lot in recent years, including the opening of a second office in Totnes, and have a clear plan for the future. I’m delighted to be joining the team and helping make those plans a reality.”