Our Bay Needs You plea as jobs go begging
- Credit: Torbay Council
Torbay Needs You - Now!
That is the message from tourism and hospitality business leaders across the English Riviera as they battle against another Covid-related headache which could become a crisis if not addressed urgently.
Businesses, especially in the tourism and hospitality sector, cannot find the workers to fill the hundreds of jobs going begging – including summer, part time and full time vacancies.
Torbay is not alone in what is quickly becoming a national issue affecting jobs across the board, including the construction and the care industry. But the resort has decided to put on a united front and tackle the problem head on and now – Torbay Together!
TDA on behalf of Torbay Council, the English Riviera BID Company and other key business partners - South Devon College; TLH; Beverley Holidays; Chefshare; Providence Hospitality; Department of Work and Pensions and Job Centre Plus - have teamed up with the Torbay Weekly to launch a special Torbay Needs You jobs initiative.
Over the coming weeks we will be working with the campaign partners to explain why they are backing the initiative as well as publishing and highlighting as many job vacancies as possible - and where and how to find them. We will also be talking to people who have taken up jobs or training opportunities to show Torbay is a great place to visit, live - and work!
Cllr Swithin Long, Torbay Council cabinet member for economic regeneration, tourism and housing, said: “There are vacancies in local hotels, restaurants and cafes, both front of house and behind the scenes. We are encouraging anybody looking for work to take up these opportunities in exciting and rewarding jobs.”
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 3 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 4 Organisers say 'we will be back' after being forced to postpone 'Bounce Back' weekend
- 5 New £10 million Claylands site just the job for growing Bay firm
- 6 Prince Charles records special show for hospital radio listeners
- 7 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 8 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 9 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 10 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
See Page 2