Council leader: ‘Why we love Paignton Zoo’
- Credit: Archant
Council leader Steve Darling reveals how Paignton Zoo is special to his family
Paignton Zoo holds a special place in the heart for council leader Steve Darling and his family.
After the special council party visit he said: 'The zoo has been an integral part of our family's life and our development in Torbay with my two sons having their first encounters with animals at the zoo.
'It has always been very special for us visiting as with my wife, Mandy, having a guide dog this results in us, with the guide dog Pepsi, being more of an attraction to the animals as we venture through the zoo with many animals having a double take at the exotic mammal, a black Labrador.
'A lot of our attractions across Torbay are very quiet at the moment, even with all the effort they have put into ensuring we have the best experience whilst also being safe, so we as local residents need to ensure that we support and enjoy the amazing amenities and attractions we have across our Bay.'
- 1 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 2 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 3 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 4 Plans for more than 1,000 homes in new 'mini-town' get green light
- 5 Perfect ending to memorable match
- 6 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
- 7 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 8 Torbay's 'hidden gem' going from strength to strength - perhaps new restaurant will 'hammer' home that message?
- 9 Five things from Torquay United's weekend
- 10 Is the new car sales rise a result of the pandemic?