Council leader: ‘Why we love Paignton Zoo’
- Credit: Archant
Council leader Steve Darling reveals how Paignton Zoo is special to his family
Paignton Zoo holds a special place in the heart for council leader Steve Darling and his family.
After the special council party visit he said: 'The zoo has been an integral part of our family's life and our development in Torbay with my two sons having their first encounters with animals at the zoo.
'It has always been very special for us visiting as with my wife, Mandy, having a guide dog this results in us, with the guide dog Pepsi, being more of an attraction to the animals as we venture through the zoo with many animals having a double take at the exotic mammal, a black Labrador.
'A lot of our attractions across Torbay are very quiet at the moment, even with all the effort they have put into ensuring we have the best experience whilst also being safe, so we as local residents need to ensure that we support and enjoy the amazing amenities and attractions we have across our Bay.'
- 1 Chesterfield 2 Torquay United 2
- 2 Stephanie lined up for top award - and is one of 'Our Heroes'
- 3 Jim Parker: Seafront illuminations are shining a light on bright future of our English Riviera
- 4 Spirited draw for the Gulls
- 5 Property of the Week: Character cottage that's close to town centre
- 6 Christian: 'I'm determined to make a difference'
- 7 Goalkeeper Shaun MacDonald has 'no regrets or worries about being back'
- 8 Colin Lee: Late goal dramas - managing the situation
- 9 Nightmare on Torwood Street continues...
- 10 Bay's Agatha Christie Festival went swimmingly well!