Council leader: ‘Why we love Paignton Zoo’
- Credit: Archant
Council leader Steve Darling reveals how Paignton Zoo is special to his family
Paignton Zoo holds a special place in the heart for council leader Steve Darling and his family.
After the special council party visit he said: 'The zoo has been an integral part of our family's life and our development in Torbay with my two sons having their first encounters with animals at the zoo.
'It has always been very special for us visiting as with my wife, Mandy, having a guide dog this results in us, with the guide dog Pepsi, being more of an attraction to the animals as we venture through the zoo with many animals having a double take at the exotic mammal, a black Labrador.
'A lot of our attractions across Torbay are very quiet at the moment, even with all the effort they have put into ensuring we have the best experience whilst also being safe, so we as local residents need to ensure that we support and enjoy the amazing amenities and attractions we have across our Bay.'
- 1 Jim Parker: Could we be in for another chunk of cash to help get the English Riviera back on its feet?
- 2 Bay's children services improved 'beyond recognition'
- 3 Councillor praises people of the Bay in pandemic battle
- 4 It's still all about Saturday afternoons and whether you win or lose
- 5 When Friends need some friends...
- 6 Torquay United stay top of the National League
- 7 Jamie Reid: 'I was close to coming back to Plainmoor'
- 8 Parking ban outside homes 'on hold' says councillor
- 9 A Budget to get the UK moving again
- 10 Charter skippers busy getting boats ready for anglers