Shining light on Bay's apprenticeships
- Credit: TDA
Apprentices are being celebrated across Torbay as part of National Apprenticeship Week.
The annual week-long celebration which runs until Sunday will shine a light on the amazing work being done by employers and apprentices with a national theme of ‘Build the Future’ .
Torbay’s Apprenticeship Steering Group has been working with partners to deliver local events.
Swithin Long, Torbay Council Cabinet Member for Economic Regeneration, Tourism and Housing, said: “Apprenticeships offer a great way for our business community to grow, bringing in new skills or developing existing staff skills.”
Rebecca Davies, Senior Economic Development Officer at TDA and Chair of the Apprenticeships Steering Group, said: “Torbay’s Young Apprentice Ambassadors will also be taking part in these activities. This is a new group created last year under Torbay’s Opportunities through Apprenticeships pilot, led by TDA.”
Emily Tucker, Head of Apprenticeships and Employer Engagement at South Devon College, said: “We are really proud of our working partnership which continues to ensure that Apprenticeships remain a key priority. Apprenticeships are going to play a huge role in rebooting our local economy.”
- 1 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 2 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 3 Relentless from Torquay United
- 4 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 5 Torbay has it all - and we all have a part to play in tourism future
- 6 Joelene to lead special police scrutiny panel
- 7 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 8 TW Predicta April 22
- 9 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 10 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft