Shining light on Bay's apprenticeships
- Credit: TDA
Apprentices are being celebrated across Torbay as part of National Apprenticeship Week.
The annual week-long celebration which runs until Sunday will shine a light on the amazing work being done by employers and apprentices with a national theme of ‘Build the Future’ .
Torbay’s Apprenticeship Steering Group has been working with partners to deliver local events.
Swithin Long, Torbay Council Cabinet Member for Economic Regeneration, Tourism and Housing, said: “Apprenticeships offer a great way for our business community to grow, bringing in new skills or developing existing staff skills.”
Rebecca Davies, Senior Economic Development Officer at TDA and Chair of the Apprenticeships Steering Group, said: “Torbay’s Young Apprentice Ambassadors will also be taking part in these activities. This is a new group created last year under Torbay’s Opportunities through Apprenticeships pilot, led by TDA.”
Emily Tucker, Head of Apprenticeships and Employer Engagement at South Devon College, said: “We are really proud of our working partnership which continues to ensure that Apprenticeships remain a key priority. Apprenticeships are going to play a huge role in rebooting our local economy.”
- 1 Captain Cameron set to lead Magpies against Gulls
- 2 The little door behind the main stand
- 3 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 4 Decisions to be made over Covid-related postponements of cricket matches
- 5 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 8 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 9 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 10 Council at last puts money where mouth is and invests in sport