Barbers sharpen scissors for 24-hour Rowcroft fundraiser
- Credit: SUBMITTED
A barber and his colleagues are set to raise money for Rowcroft Hospice by cutting hair non-stop for 24 hours.
George Thomas and his will be doing the charity fundraiser at The Groom Room in Queen Street, Newton Abbot, from 8am on Saturday (May 29) until 8am on Sunday (May 30).
George said: "I chose to do the fundraiser for Rowcroft as they mean a massive amount to me, my family, my friends and nearly everyone I’ve spoken to about the event.
"Rowcroft have helped out so much in so many different aspects of people’s lives and they’ve made a real difference and have made a lot of peoples lives easier.
"The reason that I have set up this fundraiser was because I wanted to give back to Rowcroft as they’re a local charity that have done a lot of work for the people around me.
"Last year, my best friend Charlie Pearson's mum, Kathy Pearson, was suffering with terminal cancer which really affected my friend's family and took its inevitable toll on them.
"And that’s where Rowcroft came and helped. They gave her the best end to her life that she could have asked for and they provided so much help for the family, which took a lot of pressure off them and made what is such a difficult time, a lot easier. Unfortunately, Kathy passed away on June 14, 2020.
- 1 Wrong red for Wrexham
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 FA Cup defeat creates two-week break for Gulls
- 4 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 5 Casting announced for The Osmonds: A New Musical at Princess Theatre
- 6 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 7 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 8 Kelly’s 100 miles for Breast Cancer awareness
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
"I wanted to do something to honour her so I’ve decided to do this fundraiser and raise some money for an incredible local charity."
Donations to The Groom Room's fundraiser can be made through their JustGiving page (search for 'George Thomas barbering') and also collection pots set up in the shop.
George said: "Every single donation is greatly appreciated and will make a massive difference in supporting this fantastic charity that do so much for everyone in the local community."