Back to future for Bay police commander Nikki
- Credit: Archant
Police commander Nikki Leaper is coming home to lead the South Devon force
It’s back to the future for Nikki Leaper.
The Chief Supt is the new commander for South Devon - where her career first began.
She has returned following her posting as the Alliance Operations Commander for both Devon and Cornwall and Dorset police forces. Her previous role saw her responsible for both forces’ dog units, drones, roads policing, firearms, firearms licensing, resource management and contingency planning and events.
She said: “I am so pleased to be coming back and to be working with such a fantastic team of officers and staff who are dedicated to keeping the communities in South Devon safe.”
She began her policing career over 17 years ago. Leaving behind a successful international career with United Airlines, she wanted to find a career that supported the community. She has carried out a variety of roles with Devon & Cornwall Police including the Deputy Director of Intelligence and a secondment out of force with the Home Office.
- 1 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 2 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 3 New loan signing for United
- 4 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 5 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 8 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 9 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 10 Classic cars undergoing bespoke conversions to electric