Ed going back in time to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Torquay businessman Ed Akay is hoping to be going back to the future to raise money for charity.
Ed completed a successful fitness challenge in the summer raising £160 for the Torquay United Community Sports Trust
But his fund-raising efforts were far from over as he was set another challenge.
He reveals: “After I had completed my first challenge, I got approached by fitness / bodybuilding company MW Strength and Performance who asked me if I fancied doing a ‘body transformation challenge’ in the Autumn.”
Ed is now trying to re-create the physique he had when he used to be a model in his 20’s
This time he will be fund-raising for the Danny Butcher Foundation and the Trust.
He says: “I have raised nearly £600 for the foundation which is a mental health charity.”
- 1 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 2 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 3 New loan signing for United
- 4 Torbay Business Forum pair nominated for national awards
- 5 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 6 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 7 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 8 Torbay builders merchant calling out to charities
- 9 Cricket: All-rounder Craig Eaves returns to Brixham with eye on overdue promotion
- 10 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
To donate go to https://www.facebook.com/donate/3610620125650663/998872813927417/