Award-winning Spanish firm moves its UK headquarters to EPIC Centre
- Credit: EPIC Centre
A market-disrupting microelectronics specialist has opened its UK headquarters within Paignton's EPIC Centre.
Nanusens develop micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS) sensor structures that are up to ten times smaller than competitive technologies.
This enables its award-winning sensors, which can be used in everyday items such as earbuds and smartphones, to make additional space for larger batteries and additional features.
Nanusens' CEO Dr Josep Montanyà i Silvestre said: “This is an amazing area to locate a business like ours.
"We have access to amazing facilities within EPIC and are excited about the prospect of collaborating with the businesses that are already here.
"Torbay Council has been very supportive so far with helping us make this move.”
Nanusens will be the first international electronics firm to move to Torbay this year with a North American electronics business also lined up to join EPIC as soon as physically possible.
- 1 Havant & Waterlooville 4 Torquay United 2
- 2 Gary Johnson: "Our travelling fans were let down"
- 3 Big Cup night for the Gulls
- 4 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award
- 5 Torbay Triathlon Club's bumper results amid bumpy weather
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 New loan signing for United
- 8 John 'flabbergasted' as he is shortlisted for top award
- 9 Death of former Gulls winger Tony Scott in Australia
- 10 New signings on their way despite win
This is encouraging news for the local economy as it will bring new investment to the area and grow what is already a vibrant technology community.
Nanusens is looking to recruit design engineers for its EPIC site and ultimately grow a team within the centre.
EPIC Centre director Wayne Loschi said: “It is very encouraging that Nanusens has chosen Torbay and EPIC as the location for its global headquarters.
"We’ve worked hard to welcome this lucrative business to the area and it’s fantastic that we’ve been able to attract such a company.
"We are now looking at ways in which we can support Nanusens further to help it with its projected growth.”