Award-winning 25 Boutique B&B aims for safe ‘road to recovery’
- Credit: Archant
The English Riviera is preparing to open the doors for responsible tourism from July 4 and all measures are being taken to welcome back holidaymakers as part of the road to recovery.
On the frontline of the initiative is the 25 Boutique B&B, a jewel in Torbay's tourism crown after being named the best B&B in the world in 2019.
Torbay and tourism have stood hand in hand for decades. As a community, we are proud of our hospitality and the ethos of reopening in a responsible fashion is hugely important to all of us in salvaging the best, and safest, summer season possible.
'Part of Government guidance, 73 pages of information, is to complete a risk assessment and put together a plan of how we aim to reopen in a safe and responsible manner,' said Andy Banner-Price from the 25.
'We've assessed every aspect of the guest experience from before they check-in, right through to check-out.
'We looked at how things needed to change and be done differently to ensure the two-metre social distancing is maintained.
'Even before this crisis, we were fairly obsessed with cleanliness and all the chemicals we used in cleaning the B&B are the same products used by the NHS.
- 1 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 2 Ryan Law returns to Argyle
- 3 Dramatic bovine rescue from Torbay waters
- 4 Jim Parker: Dave on the warpath again as 'majority lose out to minority' in anti-social battle
- 5 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 6 Queues form at Trago for Re-Open Day
- 7 Spacious and flexible accommodation has been improved, updated, and extended
- 8 Privileged to see jockey Dickie Johnson at Newton Abbot since start of career
- 9 I hope formality is put aside and the Queen is able to grieve for Prince Philip
- 10 'Responsible Riviera' call as restrictions ease
'The local environmental health team can inspect the risk assessment and action plan at any time. We have also taken the extra step of inviting the Visit England inspectors to the B&B for a 'safe, clean and legal' certification to give our guests the extra peace of mind.
'In an ideal world, the economy would be robust enough for everyone to stay indoors until the whole world is vaccinated but the reality is that the ultimate success of the country rests on re-opening in a safe and responsible manner.
'We need to find a way to open and to be safe.'
The campaign for a Responsible Riviera is being run by the English Riviera BID company and aims to achieve a safe summer for all.