Award-winning 25 Boutique B&B aims for safe ‘road to recovery’
- Credit: Archant
The English Riviera is preparing to open the doors for responsible tourism from July 4 and all measures are being taken to welcome back holidaymakers as part of the road to recovery.
On the frontline of the initiative is the 25 Boutique B&B, a jewel in Torbay's tourism crown after being named the best B&B in the world in 2019.
Torbay and tourism have stood hand in hand for decades. As a community, we are proud of our hospitality and the ethos of reopening in a responsible fashion is hugely important to all of us in salvaging the best, and safest, summer season possible.
'Part of Government guidance, 73 pages of information, is to complete a risk assessment and put together a plan of how we aim to reopen in a safe and responsible manner,' said Andy Banner-Price from the 25.
'We've assessed every aspect of the guest experience from before they check-in, right through to check-out.
'We looked at how things needed to change and be done differently to ensure the two-metre social distancing is maintained.
'Even before this crisis, we were fairly obsessed with cleanliness and all the chemicals we used in cleaning the B&B are the same products used by the NHS.
- 1 Billionaire's superyacht joins cruise ships in Torbay
- 2 Improvement works starting at Torquay’s Princess Gardens
- 3 Youth coach Chris Todd directing Academy from home
- 4 Bay restaurants committed to supporting those in need in our community
- 5 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 6 And so ended the most spectacular cricket festival ever seen in Devon
- 7 Jim Parker: We will need sport more than ever if and when we ever escape this dreadful pandemic
- 8 Clubbing together to make things happen in the community
- 9 Tributes paid to college champion, BBC legend and 'real gentleman' Alan, 85
- 10 Picture special: Torbay basking in winter sunshine
'The local environmental health team can inspect the risk assessment and action plan at any time. We have also taken the extra step of inviting the Visit England inspectors to the B&B for a 'safe, clean and legal' certification to give our guests the extra peace of mind.
'In an ideal world, the economy would be robust enough for everyone to stay indoors until the whole world is vaccinated but the reality is that the ultimate success of the country rests on re-opening in a safe and responsible manner.
'We need to find a way to open and to be safe.'
The campaign for a Responsible Riviera is being run by the English Riviera BID company and aims to achieve a safe summer for all.