Assignment over, now here comes summer!
- Credit: Archant
Baton down the hatches, winter is upon us!
You’ve all been saved from the distress of seeing me in shorts we’re missing the summer season and have gone straight back to winter.
It is typical - as soon as the cricket season starts and lockdown restrictions ease, down comes the rain.
Last year when we were confined to barracks, the weather couldn’t have been more glorious, now we can all go out it’s like a winter’s day.
Mother Nature sure has a wicked sense of humour!
Selfishly, I was quite happy it was a windy and rain-filled weekend. I has an assignment to write so I had no temptation to ‘take a break’ and go out.
In my infinite wisdom, I’ve decide to embark on a masters – yes, I have had better ideas.
- 1 Main frame of new Torquay hotel will rise out of the ground this month
- 2 Torquay company gets Twitter boost from Theo Paphitis
- 3 Tributes to our Mike - a true Torquinian and family man
- 4 Gulls inconsolable after defeat
- 5 'Passionate and privileged' - that's Hospice at Home team member Donna
- 6 Typical mistakes you should avoid when selling your home
- 7 Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 (Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties after extra-time)
- 8 Local rescues are your first port of call for kittens
- 9 The Brit Awards and gender: A shift in attitude or just for show?
- 10 Striker Scott not playing in play-off final - for a very good reason
I thought it was time to give the old grey matter something to think about... well, I’m not getting any younger - as I’m reminded every morning when I wake up and another bit of me aches - but I thought I’d have a go at keeping one bit of me young while the rest of me starts dropping off or slipping to the floor.
Having spent what seems like a life time reading and researching the subject, I don’t seem to be getting closer to the word count and I am struggling to write in a critical, educated sounding way.
Correct, I am lost for word, not something you have ever struggled with before Becky, I hear you cry, yes alright less of the laughter! So, on that note I’m heading back to the journals to find the remaining 500 words that seem to be escaping me.
I will be hoping for sunshine this coming weekend as the assignment will be submitted and there’s a local derby of a cricket game I’d like to watch, preferably sat outside with a nice cold beverage in my hand, and maybe a picnic with a pork pie and scone, jam and cream, made the Devonian way of course, and on that note I’m off!