Time to salute our Armed Forces - and our veterans
- Credit: Torbay Council
Torbay is being asked to celebrate Armed Forces Day on Saturday June 26 by paying tribute to the British Armed Forces community.
Events that are usually planned locally to celebrate the Day have been cancelled for the second year.
But the Official Armed Forces Day website gives ideas on how you can show your support.
And Torbay Council raised the Armed Forces Day flag at Torquay Town Hall on Monday 21 June where it will remain in place until after Armed Forces Day.
Cllr Nicole Amil, Armed Forces Member Champion, said: “It is important that we show our support. Let’s also not forget the support they have given to our wonderful NHS as they battled against COVID-19.
“This year sees the centenary anniversaries of the Torquay and Paignton Branches of the Royal British Legion. I'd also ask the residents of Torbay to take a moment to recognise our local veterans and remember the contribution the Royal British Legion played in World War One and World War Two.”
- 1 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United
- 2 'Why we just love being part of Team Beverley'
- 3 New £10 million Claylands site just the job for growing Bay firm
- 4 Expert advice proved to be icing on cake for cafe sisters Abi and Finola
- 5 'Golden opportunity' awaits Bay - but we need to get people back into work
- 6 Your Bay Needs You - and here are some of the jobs available
- 7 Amazing day of transfers at Torquay United
- 8 Determination and talent... wracked by injuries, Gulls refused to go under
- 9 Famous Redcliffe Hotel sold for £4.5 million
- 10 Please only use hospital A&E if your life depends on it