Appeal for foster carers in Torbay
- Credit: Archant
Foster carers are needed 'more than ever' in Torbay during the coronavirus pandemic.
That's the message from Torbay Council for Foster Care Fortnight, which runs from May 11 to 24.
A council spokesman said: 'With peer support groups, friendships with other foster carers, support from Torbay's fostering team, child psychologists and more – you're never on your own when you join Torbay's fostering family.'
The council recently agreed to increase the weekly fee for foster carers up to £538.
Nancy Meehan, director of children's services in Torbay, said: 'There are currently 367 looked-after children in Torbay and 79 fostering households – the country may be on lockdown but we still need good homes for local children.
'If you are interested, call our fostering team on 01803 207845 or email email@example.com'
- 1 Tributes flow for legendary harbour artist Bill - our 'William in Orange'
- 2 Decision time for National League clubs
- 3 Former Torbay mayor says Living Coasts site should become a public open space
- 4 Dumped goldfish and carp rescued after found flapping for life on grass verge
- 5 Work set to start at Torquay seafront gardens
- 6 Nicky tells of battle to pull through after car crash left her in bed for five years
- 7 Purple Angel helping Torbay Hospital
- 8 Torquay loan goalkeeper from Truro
- 9 New signings wait for Torquay United chance
- 10 MP: Bank closure is blow to Torquay harbourside