Anne-Marie appointed interim chief executive for Torbay Council
- Credit: Archant
Anne-Marie Bond has been appointed Torbay Council's interim chief executive after Steve Parrock stepped down from the role, it has been confirmed.
Anne-Marie, who is currently director of corporate services at the council, started her new role on August 1 and will lead the organisation through the recovery phase of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Anne-Marie will also be focusing on redesigning council services to ensure they are aligned to support those who live and work in the Bay.
Councillor Steve Darling, leader of the council said: 'I have worked with Anne-Marie for many years and am looking forward to working with her as our interim chief executive. Anne-Marie is highly valued and engages really well with everyone she works with and I know her strong eye for detail will be vital over the coming months.
'I would also like to say thank you to Steve Parrock for the last seven years as the council's chief executive. I look forward to carrying on working with him as he moves forward the work of TDA.'
Deputy leader for the council, Cllr Darren Cowell said: 'Reshaping and building stronger partnerships with our stakeholders and communities is of the upmost importance for the us. Having Anne-Marie in the position of interim chief executive I know we will make great strides into achieving this. Her skills and experience of enabling and engaging with the community will be invaluable.'
Anne-Marie Bond said: 'I am incredibly honoured to be appointed interim chief executive and feel privileged that I will continue to work with officers and members at the council along with colleagues from our partner organisations.
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 3 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 4 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 5 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 6 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 7 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 Herbert Whitley fulfilled earlier vision of a zoo when opening Paignton Zoological and Botanical Gardens
- 10 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
'The recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic provides an opportunity for us to radically rethink services and improve outcomes for Torbay.
'We need to respond urgently by transforming our services, empowering our residents and our communities and building a resilient council that is fit for the future. I am truly excited to be leading the council through these next steps.'
A solicitor, Anne-Marie joined Torbay Council in 1999 after a short period working for Plymouth City Council following her academic studies.
The recruitment for a permanent chief executive will take place later this year.